Social Media is a part of our life and most people now become totally addicted to it. Almost every person has an Instagram account today and more than half of them are unaware of data privacy. So, sometimes people share a bit too much about themselves and this leads to account deletions. If you face the same problem and want to know how to delete an Instagram account permanently in 2021, you must read this article.
Before you head directly to the process of deleting Instagram accounts permanently, there’s another option available for you. Some users just want to take a break from Instagram for some period and if you are on the same boat, you can temporarily delete your Instagram account.
Instagram offers its users two different options that temporarily account deactivation and permanently deletion. The main difference between them, when you deactivate your Instagram account temporarily your all data will be hidden for other users but still available for you when you reactivate it.
On the other hand, if you permanently delete your Instagram account, then all of your data will be erased forever. It can’t be undone again and that’s why you have to be careful and understand what you want to do with your Instagram account. Now let’s read the easiest method of both delete the Instagram account permanently and temporarily disable the Instagram account.
How to temporarily disable instagram account 2021?
When you disable your Instagram account, your Instagram data like your photos, chats, videos, and more will be hidden. Once you reactivate your account it will be visible again. Remember that the Instagram account disable process can be only performed on a PC/Laptop or mobile. So, you must use any of them to perform this activity. Here’s how you can temporarily disable your Instagram account.
- First, you have to login into that Instagram account that you want to disable. Visit Instagram, and then sign to your account.
- Now click on your profile pic (top right corner) and go to the edit profile option.
- Once you reach the edit profile option, scroll down until you will see the Temporarily disable my account option.
- Now choose the “Why are you disabling your account?” option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, you have to enter your password just for security purpose. Once you perform both 3 and 4 steps you will see the disable account option.
- In the end, just click on the “Temporarily Disable Account” to temporarily disable your Instagram account.
How do I delete my Instagram account permanently in 2021?
You already know that if an Instagram account gets deleted its data cannot be restored. But some people barely know that you cannot even choose the same username once your Instagram account is deleted. So you have to think twice before choosing this option and download all your Instagram data before account deleting. Let’s read the easiest way to delete an Instagram account permanently in 2021.
- First, open the Instagram Account Delete page using your mobile phone’s browser or laptop browser. Remember that you cannot delete Instagram accounts from the Instagram app, so you must use a browser for that.
- Once you open that link in the browser, log in to your Instagram account if you are signed out. If you want to delete another Instagram account, go to the settings icon and log out to another user id.
- Now you have to choose the “Why are you deleting your account” option from the available dropdown list. After that enter your password again for security purposes.
- After you select the reason for your Instagram account deletion, you will see the link to delete your Instagram account.
- Finally, click on the “Permanently delete my account” to delete your Instagram account forever.
Sharing our social life is a good thing but you have to be more careful with whom you are sharing your life. So, you won’t feel regret about it later and delete your Instagram account permanently. Adding some privacy into your life as well as the Instagram setting will solve more than half of such problems. I hope you like this article “How to delete Instagram account permanently in 2021”. Let’s discuss more this topic in the comment section and if you are facing some problem while deleting your account, drop your comment.