As being Google drive users, many of us must have noticed the quick access section on google drive. Google drive quick access’s main purpose is to enhance the drive usability. But sometimes we do not want other people to show what exactly we have opened recently. Just because of that some of us are searching for an easy way to remove quick access from google drive.
Privacy is a big concern and personally I believe that we all put privacy in our first priority list. Rather Google drive quick access features can be annoying if you have opened your Google drive in an office or other professional place.
In this article we are going to discuss “how to get rid of quick access on google drive” in a few easy steps. All the steps to turn off quick access google drive are easy and can perform without facing any difficulty. Let’s find out how to get rid of quick access in google drive on your PC and mobile phone.
How to Remove quick access from google drive on your PC?
- First, go to your Google drive by using this link drive.google.com or click on the drive option icon on Google.
- Now, click on the gear icon and select the Settings options.
- Scroll down until you see Suggestions in the General setting.
- Uncheck the “Make relevant files handy when you need them in Quick Access.” option.
- Click on the Done button on the right top corner of the pop-up window to complete the process.
How to Turn off quick access in Google drive on iPhone?
Removing quick access google drive on iPhone is also easier same as laptop/PC. You just have to follow the below instructions to clear quick access google drive. Here’s how to disable quick access in Google drive using 5 easy steps.
- First, open the Google drive app on your iPhone.
- Now, click on the top left corner to access the menu bar.
- Here you will see the Settings down below.
- Click on the Settings and tap on the Quick Access option.
- Just disable the quick access by tapping on the toggle button.
Get rid of quick access in Google Drive on Android phone
Hiding quick access in google drive on Android phones is also very similar. You just have to change only one step to remove quick access from google drive. Below are the given instructions to get rid of quick access in Google drive.
- Open Google drive application on your android phone.
- Click on the menu icon on the left top corner.
- Now scroll down until you see the Settings option.
- Find the Quick Access section in Settings and uncheck the Enable Quick Access.
How to hide quick access on google drive if the above tricks won’t work?
In some Google drive users, the quick access feature is missing or turn off won’t work. Because of that they are unable to turn off quick access on Google drive. Here’s a quick solution to remove quick access from Google drive even if the feature is not working.
- First, open the Google drive app on your phone.
- Now click on the top left corner to open the menu.
- Find the Help & Feedback option at the bottom.
- Now click on the Send Feedback option to get help from google assistant.
There are multiple options available for you to turn off quick access on google drive. Choose an option as per your ease and then follow the given instructions. Remember that if you want to re-enable the quick access google drive, you have to undo the last step that’s all. I hope you got some information on the “How to remove quick access from Google drive?” If you have any further concerns or problems then drop your comments.